Nominations open for the BExA Lifetime Achievement Award
BExA is calling for nominations to its Lifetime Achievement Award, which seeks to honour and recognise individuals who have made significant contributions to UK exports and the export community over the course of their career.
“The successful candidate will have provided exceptional, excellent and meritorious service to UK exporting,” says BExA Co-Chair Geoffrey de Mowbray. “We urge companies from across the UK to get involved and nominate those exporters – past and present – who have made a real difference.”
The award has been introduced to mark the centenary of UK Export Finance (UKEF), the UK’s export credit agency, which was established by the UK government in 1919 to revitalise British exports following the First World War.
Rt Hon. Dr Liam Fox MP, Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade, says: “The BExA Lifetime Achievement Award recognises the vital role UK exporters play in growing the economy, fuelling prosperity, growth, and employment all over the UK. I am proud that UK Export Finance is supporting this award, marking its 100th anniversary and the UK’s continued global success.”
Nominations are now open and close on 2 September 2019. Download the nomination form here.
- Nominees must be, or have been, employed in the export department of a manufacturing or trading company registered in the UK.
- Nominees should be in the latter part of their career (either active or retired this year).
- Nominees need not be BExA members.
- The winner is to be selected by a BExA-UKEF judging panel taking account of a written submission.
- The award will be presented to the winner at the BExA Annual Lunch being held at the Mansion House on 8 October.